NORTH CAROLINA - A small handful of Charlotte-area attractions are among the most-visited tourist spots in the state, according to the Carolina Publishing and Associates annual survey.
And for the fifth year in a row, Raleigh’s North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences ranks as the state’s most visited attraction on the list. During 2018, the museum reported 1,007,188 visitors – the only attraction on the list to top 1 million visitors.
Check out this slideshow to see the top 30.
The 2018 survey is the 15th annual ranking. Biltmore, located in Asheville, no longer reports attendance totals, and is not included in the survey.
In addition to the annual survey, Carolina Publishing and Associates publishes Carolina Field Trips Magazine and the Carolina Heritage Guide.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Firefighters battle second fire at north Charlotte apartment complex in a month
- Man gunned down outside apartment makes 2nd east Charlotte homicide in 24 hours
- Police: Two shot, one killed after robbery at east Charlotte apartment complex
- FORECAST: Spotty showers to arrive Sunday ahead of larger system next week
- WEEKEND IN VIEW: Where to find weekend fun in the Queen City
© 2019 Cox Media Group.