RALEIGH, N.C. - State health officials announced Thursday that 18 more people died in the state in the last week because of the flu.
That brings the total number of flu-related deaths in North Carolina for the season to 253.
The flu season usually runs through May.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Rabbit hunters find remains of woman missing for 10 years
- Man shot outside uptown club following unofficial CIAA party, police say
- Juvenile arrested for allegedly making threat against York Co. school
- WATCH: Vicki Graf's Thursday forecast outlook
- Juvenile arrested after social media threats made against Southwest MS
- Rev. Graham's body returns to Charlotte after Washington honor
© 2018 Cox Media Group.