• Family of Jasmine Thar planning return trip to Chadbourn

    Updated:

    CHARLOTTE, N.C. - The family of a Charlotte teenager who was shot and killed last year is renewing their call for the arrest of the man who shot her.

    Jasmine Thar’s family and civil rights activist John Barnett met Wednesday morning at her former school to announce a trip back to Chadbourn, N.C., where Jasmine was killed.

    The man who shot her said it was an accident, and the district attorney there said he needs more time to review evidence.

    “It’s been almost five months, nearly six (or) seven holidays passed (and) no one arrested, no testing. And so the family needs closure. We won’t sit idle and do nothing about this. We are going full force,” Barnett said.

    They are planning to go back to the area on May 19.

    Next Up: