LINCOLN COUNTY, N.C. - A Silver Alert has been canceled after authorities said a Lincolnton man who was last seen at 2:30 p.m. Wednesday driving a pickup truck with a bass boat in tow has been found safe.
Kermit Perkins, 78, was driving a gray 2005 Dodge Dakota with North Carolina tag number DMX-7071. He was reported missing Wednesday and police had been searching for him.
Perkins did not return home after he was supposed to be heading to Catawba County to have the boat serviced, the Lincoln County Sheriff's Office said.
Around 8:20 a.m. Thursday police said Perkins had been found in Buncombe County and a family member went to pick him up.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Hundreds of birds killed, hurt after crashing into NASCAR Hall of Fame building
- What Kia, Hyundai settlement means for car owners
- First traffic pattern of its kind in NC coming to west Charlotte intersection
- Assistant principal confessed she had sex with student, warrant says
- Small city in Charlotte region ranks among tops in nation for economic growth
© 2019 Cox Media Group.