HICKORY, N.C. - Hickory leaders agreed to a major settlement involving an excessive use of force case.
Chelsea Doolittle was thrown to the ground by former police sergeant Robert George in 2013.
Surveillance video from outside the police headquarters in Hickory captured the moments she was injured after being violently pulled out of George's patrol car.
The video shows George's police cruiser pulling into the station with Doolittle handcuffed in the back seat. She had been arrested for disorderly conduct.
About 15 seconds later, George can be seen ripping Doolittle out of the vehicle and slamming her to the ground.
MORE PAST COVERAGE:
- D.A. drops charge against woman who accused officer of excessive force
- Lawsuit: Police used excessive force during Hickory woman's arrest
- Hickory police sergeant indicted after assault accusation
- New indictments against former Hickory officer accused of assault
- Former officer accused of assaulting woman given new court date
Earlier this year, a jury found George guilty of using unreasonable force against Dolittle, and he was fired soon after.
He was sentenced in federal court to four years of probation and ordered to pay $23,000 in restitution.
Leaders signed off on a deal Tuesday to give Doolittle a $400,000 settlement in the case.
Channel 9 spoke with Doolittle's lawyers, who said she trying to put it all behind her.
"This is a nice early holiday gift that this unfortunate chapter in her life has come to an end, and she just, like you’d expect, is just hoping to move forward,” attorney Brad Smith said.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Troopers: Twin teenage boys killed in high-speed crash in Union County
- No arrests made after man shot, pulled from burning car in northeast Charlotte
- Police: 2 men caught raping woman at Myrtle Beach shopping center
- FORECAST: Schools closed, slick conditions in mountains; chilly temps in Metro
- Concord mayor pro tem resigns after September arrest in Folly Beach
© 2019 Cox Media Group.