COLUMBIA, S.C. - South Carolina taxpayers will receive a $50 check in the mail letting you cash in on someone else's lottery win.
Someone in Greenville County won the $1.5 billion lottery last year.
The state took some of it and decided to give taxpayers $50 rebates.
"$Sixty-one million back, ends up being about $240 (million), $250 million that goes back into the economy. So, better for citizens to have the money than government," Rep. Gary Simrill, R-Rock Hill, said.
Those who qualify for the rebate must pay state income taxes.
Click here for more information.
>> Reading this story in our app? The new "Follow the Lead" feature allows you to tap the blue tag indicated with a '+' to subscribe to alerts on the very latest breaking news updates.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Rock Hill man betrayed after attorney pockets $166K mortgage payoff
- 'He was looking forward to heaven': Boy with rare form of dwarfism laid to rest
- Alleged Florida serial killer has ties to Charlotte area
- FORECAST: Final hot day before cold front, wet weather arrives
- Report: Cam Newton misses practice after aggravating foot injury
© 2019 Cox Media Group.