FORT MILL, S.C. - Catawba Ridge High School in Fort Mill is brand new, so new part of the campus is still under construction.
Their first football game kicks off Friday night and the players, coaches and fans can't wait to see the Catawba Ridge Copperheads play for the first time.
The first Catawba Ridge varsity team will field 42 players and at a new school where there is no senior class.
"No one's picking us to win a single game this year, so I've been preaching to the boys and our coaching staff, we're real big on controlling the two things you can control, your attitude and your effort," Head Coach Zac Lendyak said.
Watch the video above as our South Carolina bureau reporter Greg Suskin met the coach who's building a brand new team from two bitter rival schools.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 'I have no heart left': Woman loses $300K to Match.com romance scam
- Panthers QB Newton injures foot, Brady solid in Patriots' 10-3 win
- Coach who pleaded guilty to spying on girls will not work in district, officials say
- Alaska Airlines loses 13-year-old daughter, Fayetteville father says
- FORECAST: Thunderstorms roll in again as cold front sweeps through Carolinas
© 2019 Cox Media Group.