CORNELIUS, N.C. - A no swimming advisory has beeen issued for a cove on Lake Cornelius between Davidson Street in Cornelius and Catawba Avenue in Davidson.
Officials said the advisory was issued Thursday after routine checks by Charlotte-Mecklenburg Storm Water Services detected high bacteria levels.
Crews are monitoring the water quality in the area but said swimming is not advised until bacteria levels return to normal.
Officials said once the levels are deemed safe, the advisory will be lifted.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Man accused of killing Steak 'n Shake cook suspected in separate restaurant robbery
- Police: Man threw 13-year-old girl from car after sex assault in SC
- Driver killed after car slams into Gastonia animal hospital, police say
- Man accused of killing nursing school student caught in crossfire due in court
- FORECAST: Risk of strong storms today; Gulf system could become hurricane
© 2019 Cox Media Group.