CATAWBA COUNTY, N.C. - Flooding washed out a bridge over Snow Creek in Catawba County a few months ago.
Channel 9 talked to 85-year-old Tom Shook, who has to step across what's left of the bridge to get to his home off 16th Street Drive Northeast in Hickory.
Shook and three other families have struggled to get in and out of their neighborhood since nearly a foot of rain washed out the bridge in early June.
“Two months, and we haven’t gotten no help nowhere to get it fixed. I don’t know what to do. I’m at the end of the road,” Shook said.
Watch the video above as Channel 9's Dave Faherty looks into why the bridge hasn't been fixed.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Man walks into sheriff's office, confesses to killing house guest
- Woman killed in 5-vehicle crash on Highway 74 in Monroe
- Plane that crashed with Earnhardt Jr., family on board brought to Georgia
- FORECAST: Rain chances increase with relief from heatwave in sight
- Man killed, another hurt in shooting at Kings Mountain apartment complex
© 2019 Cox Media Group.