CATAWBA COUNTY, N.C. — Officials said there was a 2.4 magnitude earthquake in Catawba County Sunday.
According to the U.S. Geological Survey, the epicenter was in a wooded area near the intersection of Shuford and Robinson roads.
There were no reports of damage or injuries, but it still came as a shock to many.
Watch the video above to hear what Catawba County residents had to say about an earthquake so close to home.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 2 men illegally in country arrested, found with $200K worth of drugs, deputies say
- 'Southern Charm' reality star arrested, charged with check fraud
- Police investigate after possible homemade bomb explodes in Charlotte neighborhood
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Sunday forecast outlook
- TSA employees work busy holiday travel shifts with no pay during government shutdown