CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Families living in an apartment complex with mold and rats got a chance to learn their rights from legal advocacy groups Saturday afternoon.
Channel 9 has reported on the problems at the Lake Arbor Apartments in west Charlotte for years.
Last week, Lake Arbor residents got notice saying they had to move out of their homes by the end of August.
Saturday, they got a chance to get advice from lawyers and learn what they can do in this situation.
"I'm here because we want answers and I need housing immediately," resident Jasmine Johnson said.
Watch the video above as Channel 9's Erin Edwards breaks down the advice lawyers gave to residents before they are forced out.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Woman seriously injured after hit-and-run in NoDa; man charged, police say
- Teen charged in deadly shooting of 19-year-old in east Charlotte, police say
- 'Wahoo!': Charlotte grandmother to buy new house with $1M lottery winnings
- Deputies: Chase reaches 100 mph before crash; drugs, cash seized
- Sedan pulls out in front of Harley, causes deadly Rock Hill collision, police say
Cox Media Group