CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Charlotte-Mecklenburg police are searching for the gunman who opened fire at a house party in southwest Charlotte Saturday.
Aiysha James, witness, said a couple dozen people were partying at the house in the early morning hours on Saturday.
She said the single-family home located off West Boulevard near Dr. Carver Drive is a place some come to party each weekend.
"It's like an after hours spot, just a place you go when you leave the club," James said.
She said she was dancing with four friends when someone outside started shooting into the home.
"When we heard the gunshots everybody started running. I started trying to find my friends and gather everybody together." she said.
James said afterwards two of her girlfriends had been shot, one in the head and the other in the back several times.
"Both of them were very serious," she said, "I feel absolutely horrible. Everybody rode with me."
Police arrived to the residence around 4:30 a.m.
Officials said a total of four people were shot and the injuries were non-life threatening.
No one has been arrested in connection with the shooting, police said.
Detectives haven't given a motive for the shooting, but James said it may have stemmed from an altercation earlier in the morning between two people outside the house.
Channel 9 asked police if they were investigating whether the house was operating as a nightclub and will update this story as new information becomes available.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com: