CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A man was shot and left lying in a road in northwest Charlotte, police said.
Officers responded to a call about an assault with a deadly weapon and found the wounded man around 3:30 a.m. Wednesday on Eddleman Road, police said.
Paramedics said the man suffered life-threatening injuries.
Police said no one is in custody.
Tyshawn Calhoun was shot and killed on that same street last December.
Two men are charged in his death.
Two weeks ago, Channel 9 spoke with Calhoun's mother who said her life will never be the same without her son.
She visited the spot where he was killed so she could honor him.
- Seriously injured man found in street with gunshot wounds
- Woman accused of posting Craigslist ad, taking cash to rent property she didn't own
- Woman dies after losing control, hitting tree when tire blows out in Iredell County
- Wake County residents upset after finding KKK flyers on driveways
- Police: Suspects wanted for Christmas break-ins at Gastonia restaurants
Cox Media Group