GASTON COUNTY, N.C. - A 13-foot-long platinum reticulated python escaped from its container in Gaston County but was found Monday.
The Gaston County Police Department Animal Care and Enforcement received a call about the lost snake along Killian Road in Stanley around 10 p.m. Sunday.
The owners said they were visiting friends when they discovered the snake was missing.
The snake’s owner, friends and a specialist with Animal Care and Enforcement searched the area Sunday night and into Monday morning.
Monday evening, officials told Channel 9 the snake had been found.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Missing 17-year-old didn't return home from work at pizza place; car left at restaurant
- Police identify man found shot to death in driveway in north Charlotte
- Sheriff: 70 targeted in early morning Iredell County drug roundup
- FORECAST: Heat continues to grip region, but fall relief in sight
- Police identify man killed in fall from Myrtle Beach hotel balcony
© 2019 Cox Media Group.