GASTON COUNTY, N.C. - Three people have been arrested after deputies said two Belmont Abbey College baseball players were robbed and kidnapped Monday night at a Gaston County apartment complex.
According to deputies, 23-year-old Damarcus Dixon and 21-year-old Natori Benton forced two students into a 2011 Lexus -- owned by one the students -- at gunpoint and dropped them off on Gastonia Highway in Lincoln County.
The students were not harmed.
(Dixon, Jackson, Benton)
Deputies said they later found the Lexus in Lincolnton with 21-year-old Shamari Jackson, who was charged with one felony count each of a stolen vehicle and possession of a stolen firearm.
Investigators also said they found cash, electronic equipment and a shotgun stolen in the robbery.
Benton and Dixon were charged by Belmont Police Tuesday with two counts each of kidnapping and armed robbery, one count each of possession of a stolen firearm, possession of a firearm by a felon and possession of a stolen motor vehicle.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Domestic violence suspect arrested after leading police on chase, CMPD says
- DISTRICT 9: Bishop holds onto GOP seat in do-over election
- Father gets 23 years in prison for beating his child to death in Rock Hill
- FORECAST: Another hot day for Charlotte region as heat index nears 100
- People remember learning of 9/11 tragedies with #WhereWereYou
© 2019 Cox Media Group.