CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Two armed men wearing masks robbed the Verizon Wireless store on Northlake Commons Parkway at gunpoint Wednesday evening before fleeing the area in a silver SUV, Charlotte-Mecklenburg police said.
There were seven employees and eight customers inside the store at the time, but they were not harmed, officials told Channel 9.
Four people were eventually arrested in connection with the robbery.
Kevin Sims and DeAngleo Williams face armed robbery charges in the case.
Officers said they tried to pull over a 2018 Ford Explorer on Margaret Turner Road but the robbers fled.
Police later located the men at a home on Hathaway Hills Drive. Two men then drove away in a Hyundai Elantra and when officers tried to pull them over, they took off again.
Police chased the Elantra, which crashed into another vehicle on Montana Drive.
Both people in the Elantra were arrested, and officers said no one was injured in the crash.
In addition to the two arrested, two others at the home on Hathaway Hills were detained, according to police.
No names have been released and the investigation is ongoing.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police searching for missing Charlotte woman who may be in danger
- 4-year-old boy swept out to sea while walking on Outer Banks beach
- Teen was driving 106 mph in senior skip day crash that killed best friend
- THURSDAY FORECAST OUTLOOK: The rain is coming back
- Exit ramps becoming truck parking lots thanks to federal rule change
Cox Media Group