WASHINGTON — Two Washington D.C. bicycle police officers, an employee of the District's Department of Transportation and 2 pedestrians were taken to the hospital Thursday night after being hit by a pickup truck, authorities said during a news conference.
The police chief said one officer is in critical condition and the DOT employee is in serious condition. He said the three others appear to have non-life threatening injuries.
The driver of the pickup truck and it passegner were taken into custody, according to the police chief. He said a weapon was recovered from the pickup truck.
The police chief said investigators don't have a motive but are not ruling out terrorism at the time.
Check back with wsoctv.com for more on this developing story.
(Click PLAY to watch press conference with DC mayor and police chief)
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- CMPD: Husband charged with burning, killing wife in south Charlotte
- WEB EXTRA VIDEO: The search for Kristen Modafferi: 20 years later
- RECALL: Incorrectly packaged birth control could result in unplanned pregnancy
- NC House approves bill allowing concealed guns to be carried without permit
- VIDEO: Vicki Graf's Thursday evening forecast
- MUST SEE: NC woman catches 6-foot snake in living room with pillowcase
Cox Media Group