MATTHEWS, N.C. - More than $220,000 worth of marijuana was shipped to a Matthews TCBY, according to police.
An employee at the frozen yogurt shop in the Providence Plantation Shopping Center on Weddington Road told police she found three packages at the store earlier this month.
When she opened the packages, she said she found the drugs.
“You never know what you are going to get for Christmas,” visitor Richard Debetta said.
TCBY officials told Channel 9 the packages weren't intended for the Matthews TCBY, and that they were instead intended for the postal store next door.
The store manager at the postal store said the packages were supposed to be sent to a P.O. Box and that the intended recipient's information has now been turned over to authorities.
The two stores are located next to each other in the Providence Plantation shopping center.
“You wouldn't want anything like this happening where you live, so it is definitely surprising,” visitor Daniel Johnson said.
"It is a shame we have to go through this," Debetta said. "You don't want it to get into kids hands that's for sure."
Police said no arrests have been made, and TCBY officials said the origins of the packages are unclear.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com
- Millions of identities stolen, used to write fake comments on government website
- Large Confederate flag flying in Catawba Co. stirs up controversy
- Man accused of embezzling $26K from Gastonia Wild Wings Café
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Thursday forecast outlook
- Busted water main to close part of busy Myers Park road for hours
- Firefighters investigating fatal mobile home fire in Catawba County
© 2019 Cox Media Group.