STATESVILLE, N.C. - A 27-year-old man was arrested and charged Tuesday in the murder of a 2-year-old boy who died in September, Statesville police said.
On Sept. 5, officers were called to a home on Alexander Street and found Sevynn Nashir Clark unresponsive.
The child was taken to a hospital where he later died.
The Statesville Police Department's investigation led them to Jordan Hoyt Simmons' arrest.
Simmons was arrested in Spartanburg County, South Carolina and charged with second-degree murder and felony intentional child abuse with serious bodily injuries.
No other details surrounding the boy's death have been released.
>> Reading this story in our app? The new "Follow the Lead" feature allows you to tap the blue tag indicated with a '+' to subscribe to alerts on the very latest breaking news updates.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 79-year-old woman hit, killed by vehicle at Matthews grocery store
- Allen or Newton? Panthers coach Rivera has tough decision at QB upcoming
- Authorities release photos of possible driver, minivan in deadly Caldwell Co. hit-and-run
- FORECAST: Cloudy skies, rain chances pave way for fall-like conditions
- Hunter reportedly kills deer with bow, arrow near south Charlotte park
© 2019 Cox Media Group.