3 displaced after unattended cooking causes fire in north Charlotte home

3 displaced after unattended cooking causes fire in north Charlotte home
(Charlotte Fire)

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Firefighters say a house fire in north Charlotte was caused by unattended cooking early Monday morning.

The fire started around 3:15 a.m. on Morgan Street.

Content Continues Below

Firefighters estimate the damage to be around $10,000.

Four people were inside the house at the time of the fire. MEDIC said two people were taken to the hospital with serious injuries, but they are expected to be OK.

The Red Cross is helping the three people who have been displaced by the fire.

No other information has been released.

Check back with wsoctv.com for more information.

CFD investigating second deadly house fire in 8-hour span