• 8-year-old boy out of hospital after salmonella poisoning

    Updated:

    NASH COUNTY, N.C. - An 8-year-old North Carolina boy is out of the hospital after his family said peanut butter tainted with salmonella made him very sick.

    Nate Lebron is able to bike around his Nash County neighborhood now.

    The health department thinks he got sick from peanut butter his family bought at Trader Joe's, either in Raleigh or Chapel Hill.

    His family is suing the store and the factory.

    They said they don’t want this to happen to any other family.

    “Peanut butter is America’s favorite. One of American’s favorite food right?” said Lebron.

    Lebron was one of 30 people believed to be sickened in several states.

    The recall has been expanded to several other stores, brands and more than 100 products.

    Read the complete explanation of the recall, including what products are included here.


    Next Up:


  • Headline Goes Here

    8-year-old boy out of hospital after salmonella poisoning

  • Headline Goes Here

    Community holds vigil after man crashes into restaurant, killing 2

  • Headline Goes Here

    24-year-old man dies after fall from uptown high rise under…

  • Headline Goes Here

    Grandmother forced to withdraw money from ATM

  • Headline Goes Here

    FDA warns some teething medicines are unsafe for babies