ROWAN COUNTY, N.C. - The adoptive brother, who reported Erica Parsons missing in 2013, was charged Tuesday with felony bigamy, according to an arrest warrant from the Rowan County Sheriff's Office.
James “Jamie” William Parsons, 25, “unlawfully, willfully and feloniously did marry Melaina Shinn while still being married to Jacqueline Huey Parsons, who was living at the time,” according to the arrest warrant.
In 2013, Jamie Parsons told the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office he had not seen his adopted sister, Erica Parsons, for at least two years. He said his parents, Sandy and Casey Parsons, killed her.
Sandy Parsons led authorities to Erica Parson’s remains in Pageland, South Carolina in September 2016.
Sandy and Casey Parsons are in jail after being charged with first-degree murder.
- Erica Parsons Autopsy Report
- New warrants detail life of 'child torture' suffered by Erica Parsons
- ERICA PARSONS CASE: Prosecutors to seek death penalty
- Frequently asked questions in the Erica Parsons case
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 'I couldn't see him anywhere': Father of missing boy discusses moments after son vanished
- Fire ants attack, nearly kill NC woman
- Adoptive brother of Erica Parsons charged with bigamy
- WATCH: John Ahrens' Wednesday forecast outlook
- Speed believed to be a factor in crash that killed teen, troopers say
© 2019 Cox Media Group.