CHARLOTTE, N.C. - North Carolina may be one of the dominant states in the country when it comes to economic growth, but a recent study says the Tar Heel State has room for improvement when it comes to hard work.
North Carolina ranked near the middle of the pack in WalletHub's study to find the hardest-working states in America. At No. 22, N.C. came in ahead of Maine and Missouri while finishing behind Midwest states Wisconsin and Indiana.
South Carolina ranked 29th. Other N.C. neighboring states — Virginia and Tennessee — ranked No. 9 and No. 16, respectively.
View this slideshow above to see the top 10 hardest-working states, according to WalletHub.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Domestic violence suspect arrested after leading police on chase, CMPD says
- DISTRICT 9: Bishop holds onto GOP seat in do-over election
- Father gets 23 years in prison for beating his child to death in Rock Hill
- FORECAST: Another hot day for Charlotte region as heat index nears 100
- People remember learning of 9/11 tragedies with #WhereWereYou
© 2019 Cox Media Group.