RALEIGH - An American Airlines flight has made an unscheduled landing at a North Carolina airport after a strong electrical odor was detected on board.
Spokeswoman Katie Cody said Flight 1889 from Charlotte to Hartford, Connecticut, was diverted to Raleigh-Durham International Airport, where it landed safely at 5:01 p.m. Friday.
Cody said three crewmembers were taken to the hospital as a precaution. She said a maintenance crew is evaluating the Airbus 320.
A statement from Raleigh-Durham said six others on the flight were checked out by medical responders, but declined to go to the hospital.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 83 United Blood Nation gang members arrested in 5-state raid
- MUGSHOTS: Dozens of Blood gang members arrested in gang crackdown
- CMPD: Mother of 4 shot after interrupting robbery outside home
- 9 Investigates: Twins accused of faking pregnancies while panhandling
- VIDEO: Keith Monday's weekend preview forecast
- MUST WATCH: Trio in custody after chase, crash in Chester Co.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.