CHARLOTTE, N.C. - American Airlines is set to bring four more gates into operation at Charlotte Douglas International Airport, reaffirming its position as the dominant carrier at the Charlotte airport.
On Monday, American Airlines Group Inc. began operating at four newly renovated gates (2, 4, 6 and 8) on the original Concourse A — and gained access to another two city-owned gates that will be used on an as-needed basis.
With the additional gates, American Airlines’ current gate count at CLT increases to 93, split between mainline flights (51 gates) and regional (42). CLT now has a total of 114 gates, with American Airlines controlling some 90% of flights at the airport.
This represents an important piece of American Airlines’ plans of increasing its average daily flight count at CLT to more than 700.
Read more about those plans here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Parent company of Carowinds fined $42K after worker's hand severed
- Man wanted in girlfriend's murder accused of killing friend in Ballantyne
- Fight caught on camera at Stuart Cramer HS leads to lawsuit one year later
- TRACKING: Several school districts closed as temps crash, snow falls
- Boys who escaped Concord development center could be in Hickory
© 2019 Cox Media Group.