CHARLOTTE, N.C. - American Airlines has moved way up a list of the top global airlines, according to new annual rankings.
Fort Worth, Texas-based American Airlines (NASDAQ: AAL), which controls 91% of flights at Charlotte Douglas International Airport, was ranked the world’s second-best airline, according to the 2019 rankings compiled by AirHelp, an organization that specializes in air traveler rights and seeks compensation in cases of delays or cancellations. A year earlier, AirHelp had ranked American Airlines at No. 23 on the list.
Using data on 72 airlines, AirHelp rated the carriers by on-time performance, service quality, and claim processing, with each category weighed equally. American scored an 8.07 out of 10 — just behind No. 1 Qatar Airlines, which scored an 8.23.
Read more here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 'She didn't bother anybody': Salisbury mother followed, killed by stranger
- Missing Maui hiker's NC family still searching for her; boyfriend passes polygraph
- NC Taco Bell workers appear to smoke inside, as line of cars grows in drive-thru
- FORECAST: Warmer, humid conditions expected for rest of week
- 15-footer among 'cluster' of great white sharks tracked off Carolina coast
© 2019 Cox Media Group.