CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, S.C. — Several emergency crews were on the scene of a crash involving an Amtrak train early Friday morning near Patrick, in Chesterfield County.
Officials said that Amtrak train 92, carrying 191 passengers, collided with a tractor-trailer around 8 a.m. on Highway 1 near Polson Street.
Multiple agencies have responded to the collision and the sheriff told Channel 9 reporter Greg Suskin that three people on the train suffered minor injuries.
The sheriff said the truck driver was OK but deputies were still investigating what led to the collision.
Officials said the train is the Silver Star, which travels daily between Miami and New York City, and that service has been temporarily suspended while the crew inspects the train for damage.
Authorities said personnel would be on scene throughout the day.
Follow Channel 9 reporter Greg Suskin on Twitter and check back with wsoctv.com for updates on this story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- What not to do the day of and during the total solar eclipse
- Sheriff: 5 hurt after Amtrak train collides with tractor-trailer in Chesterfield Co.
- Mother kidnapped, taken to ATM while son slept in Sedgefield home
- VIDEO: Man pepper sprays 'Soldiers Reunion Parade' participants in Newton
- Protesters gather around Confederate statue in downtown Salisbury
- WATCH: Vicki Graf's weekend forecast outlook
Cox Media Group