CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Police were investigating after they said another construction worker was robbed Monday afternoon in uptown Charlotte.
It was the second time a construction worker has been robbed in that area of Charlotte in the past few weeks.
According to police, Gary Randolph got into the victim’s car, stole a knife and then forced the victim out. It happened on 10th Street near Church Street, CMPD said.
Recently, three men robbed a construction worker at Ninth and Tryon streets in uptown. All three were arrested.
Officers arrested Randolph shortly after Monday’s robbery.
Police said he just got out of jail earlier this month after spending nearly 2 ½ years behind bars for armed robbery.
>> Reading this story in our app? The new "Follow the Lead" feature allows you to tap the blue tag indicated with a '+' to subscribe to alerts on the very latest breaking news updates.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Statesville tries to stop RV dealership from flying massive American flag
- Driver charged after deadly crash with bus carrying preschoolers in Stanly Co.
- 'You're in a panic': Charlotte family shaken after road rage incident
- FORECAST: Mild temps provide short term relief as heat wave approaches
- Sting operation nets 14 accused of stealing from Matthews Lowe's
© 2019 Cox Media Group.