CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Residents claim their west Charlotte apartment complex forced them to pay rent while living in dirty, even dangerous conditions.
Two tenants filed a class-action lawsuit against Lake Arbor apartments with at least 100 other people who lived there joining in.
And now, the apartment complex is responding to their lawsuit.
Families were so upset at one point, they took a bag of fake rats to the city council to make a point about what they said they were dealing with and now they want a refund.
An attorney for the apartment complex sent Channel 9 this statement about the Lawsuit:
"My clients dispute the allegations in the complaint and will vigorously contest the lawsuit."
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Charlotte woman, boyfriend murdered while traveling in Canada
- Former employee charged with embezzling $200K+ from Charlotte nonprofit
- CMS superintendent out: Clayton Wilcox will resign after two years on job
- FORECAST: Heat advisory in effect for Charlotte region
- Why this brewery put its South End building on the market
© 2019 Cox Media Group.