CHARLOTTE — Many families need an affordable place to live in Charlotte.
There were 1,400 people who lined up last month at The Mezzanine at Freedom for a chance to live in an affordable apartment.
All applications have been screened.
Applicants should find out sometime this week if they made it through the first round of screenings.
- During the first round of application screenings, denials were based on: No income, outstanding rental collection or criminal history
- Applicants will receive an email or letter (if no email address provided) within the originally promised 30 days and a refund for those denied within 30 days after that.
- The second round of application screenings is for applicants who were initially approved.
- People who do not make it through the second round of screening will be refunded. Reasons for not making it through the second round of screenings include: Unverifiable income or income verified too high or too low
- Once all units are filled, we will let remaining individuals choose to waitlist (for The Mezzanine at Freedom or other property), or a refund (to be mailed)
>> Reading this story in our app? The new "Follow the Lead" feature allows you to tap the blue tag indicated with a '+' to subscribe to alerts on the very latest breaking news updates.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
© 2020 © 2020 Cox Media Group