GRANITE FALLS, N.C. - Two Statesville men are charged in connection with an armed robbery at a Granite Falls game room that happened earlier this month.
Johnny Lee Griffin Jr., 31, is charged with armed robbery with a dangerous weapon and second-degree kidnapping for his role in the robbery at Al’s Gameroom on May 3.
On Thursday, a day after Griffin's arrest, Granite Falls Police announced 35-year-old Acquilla Booze Cain Jr. was arrested by the Lenoir Police Department during a traffic stop. He is charged with conspiracy to commit robbery with a dangerous weapon and second-degree kidnapping.
Cain was booked into the Caldwell County Detention Center on a $100,000 secured bond and is set to make his first appearance in Lenoir District Court on Monday, May 20.
Authorities report that Griffin was arrested by the Longview Police Department after he ran from police on 19th Street Northwest around 4:30 p.m. Griffin sustained a foot injury as a result of the chase and was treated at Caldwell UNC Healthcare.
He was later booked into the Caldwell County Detention Center on a $200,000 secured bond. His first appearance is set for Friday in Lenoir District Court.
The Granite Falls Police Department said it anticipates more arrests in the case.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police investigating after person shot multiple times near southwest Charlotte motel
- 'Bathroom bill' sponsor Bishop wins District 9 GOP primary
- 1 airlifted, 17 injured after bus carrying preschoolers overturns in Stanly Co.
- FORECAST: Another clear, sunny day in the 70s on tap for the Charlotte area
- NC high schools sell bracelets to raise money for 'Riley Howell Foundation'
© 2019 Cox Media Group.