HICKORY, N.C. - A Hickory-based assisted living company is taking the bold step of requiring flu vaccines for all of its nearly 4,000 employees.
The employees won’t be required to pay for the shots.
The company calls it a moral responsibility to be vaccinated, especially when these workers are caring for older adults who face an increased risk of complications from the flu.
Affinity Living Group manages communities in six states.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police investigating after person shot multiple times near southwest Charlotte motel
- 'Bathroom bill' sponsor Bishop wins District 9 GOP primary
- 1 airlifted, 17 injured after bus carrying preschoolers overturns in Stanly Co.
- FORECAST: Another clear, sunny day in the 70s on tap for the Charlotte area
- NC high schools sell bracelets to raise money for 'Riley Howell Foundation'
© 2019 Cox Media Group.