SALISBURY, N.C. - Police have arrested the son accused of beating his father to death inside his Salisbury home.
The Richmond County Sheriff's Office in Georgia arrested Juan Renardo Chunn. He is currently being held in their jail on a fugitive warrant pending extradition back to North Carolina.
Chunn is facing first-degree murder charges.
A grand jury indicted Chunn for the homicide, which happened in April.
Police have been searching for Chunn since discovering his father beaten to death.
Police found his 75-year-old father, Eugene Chunn, dead inside his home on East Franklin Street in Salisbury.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Kids carried from vehicle after woman wrecks during high-speed chase
- Man pleads guilty to taking $1.9M from Appalachian State University
- Fort Mill man's emotional support dog shot to death: 'People are sick'
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Wednesday forecast outlook
- Waxhaw police say pet sitter stole from family; may be more victims
© 2018 Cox Media Group.