CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Entrepreneur Marc Smith owns Patriotic Pig, a barbecue catering company located in Dallas, with his wife Gina.
This small business has the unique mission of sourcing local food and giving back to the veteran community. Not too long ago, Smith used a Bank of America-funded loan to buy a large, military-themed smoker. That enabled his catering company to serve four times as many people, or about 1,000 customers a week.
“We started the business in 2016 and to see it continually grow since then has been incredibly rewarding,” Smith said. “Being able to get a loan was a game-changer and an important factor in our ability to grow our business.”
Smith is no ordinary entrepreneur — he is a U.S. Army veteran. And BofA hopes to fund many more success stories like his with a newly launched, $20 million lending program.
Read the full story here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- High school senior escorted off stage after dancing during graduation
- Teens accused of killing beloved college baseball player to appear in court
- Feds raid several locations in NC & SC in massive drug operation
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Thursday forecast outlook
- Kroger closures in North Carolina to affect 1,500 workers
© 2019 Cox Media Group.