MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. — Myrtle Beach fire and police have continued their search Friday for a missing swimmer.
Images from Thursday show beach-goers linking arms and wading into the water to help the search.
Police said that two swimmers, siblings, were in distress. Lifeguards and a bystander were able to rescue one of the swimmers, but not the other.
Myrtle Beach police told WPDE the missing swimmer is a 14-year-old boy wearing a blue swimsuit.
He was last seen around 1 p.m. Thursday.
The U.S. Coast Guard is assisting in the search.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- One year later: Nation mourns 9 killed in Charleston Church shooting
- Beach goers help police search for missing swimmer at Myrtle Beach
- Teen killed in violent crash following police chase in north Charlotte
- Soldier surprised his mom in a traffic stop upon his return from Iraq
- High school administrator attacked by students says she was let go
Cox Media Group