HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. - The firefighting community joined family and friends of Early Adams Jr. Wednesday as the Charlotte firefighter was laid to rest following a long illness.
A procession for the 52-year-old took place after his noon funeral, and the motorcade traveled up Beatties Ford Road to Beatties Ford Memorial Gardens in Huntersville.
The Charlotte Fire Department said Adams was loved by his colleagues and the Charlotte community.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Officer shoots man at Gastonia Buffalo Wild Wings, police say
- 'She was petrified': Woman attacked by group of riders before fatal dirt bike crash
- Man on run after allegedly killing pregnant woman, abducting children
- FORECAST: Threat of storms not backing off as heat, humidity grip region
- South Carolina deputy caught in child sex sting by his own department
© 2019 Cox Media Group.