MONROE, N.C - The bomb squad is investigating a suspicious package in a Monroe parking lot.
Officers were called Wednesday to the parking lot of an old Harris Teeter beside the Monroe Mall on Highway 74 at Dickerson Boulevard.
Viewers called Channel 9, concerned about the huge police presence in the parking lot.
The Cabarrus County Bomb Squad has brought out a robotic device in order to handle the suspicious package, which appears to be a red suitcase.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Man struck, killed while riding bike in Catawba County, troopers say
- Chip Gaines announces baby No. 5 on the way
- Coroner identifies woman killed in crash with tractor-trailer in Rock Hill
- WATCH: Keith Monday’s Wednesday forecast outlook
- Deputy killed in Colorado ambush lived in Union County
© 2018 Cox Media Group.