CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A European company that keeps a growing warehouse operation in Charlotte will soon operate out of two local facilities after an upcoming expansion.
Printful, based in Riga, Latvia, said earlier this year that it would open an additional 53,000-square-foot facility, at SteelePoint in west Charlotte, and hire for up to 100 new jobs locally, bringing its headcount to about 400 in Charlotte by the end of 2020. Printful, which prints and ships products for e-commerce retailers, first opened in Charlotte at 11025 Westlake Drive in 2016.
That 100,000-square-foot facility will remain open and will be used exclusively for the company's direct-to-garment printing business, said Vincent Gordon, operations manager at Printful Charlotte. The second facility, which will open in a few weeks after machinery is moved, will print non-apparel products, like wall art, coffee mugs, jewelry and phone cases, as well as include the company's warehousing services.
Printful made Inc. magazine's 2019 list of the 5,000 fastest-growing private companies, ranking at No. 564. Its reported revenue last year was $77.4 million, or 786% growth over three years.
Read more here about the company's growth and check out photos of the new facility.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW: Massive water main break in York County
- Deputies identify woman found burned in Chester County ditch
- AMBER ALERT: 3-year-old girl reportedly taken from Greensboro playground
- FORECAST: Sunny skies and mild temps ahead of weekend rain chance
- Van slams into house after trying to pass school bus, CMPD says
© 2019 Cox Media Group.