WATAUGA COUNTY, N.C. - A Boone man is accused of trying to get boys to send him nude pictures of themselves.
Investigators said Frank Cromwell was contacting students at Watauga High School for the photos.
He's facing federal child pornography charges.
The principal of Watauga High School told investigators Cromwell used to be an intern at the Athletics Department.
>> Reading this story in our app? The new "Follow the Lead" feature allows you to tap the blue tag indicated with a '+' to subscribe to alerts on the very latest breaking news updates.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 'I'm never gonna be the same': Gastonia mom heartbroken after son shot to death
- Troopers speak out against 'exit jumping' on Charlotte interstates
- Raleigh father and son save grandfather from drowning at Ocean Isle Beach
- Cintra 'disappointed' with plan to convert I-77 shoulders into lanes
- FORECAST: Extreme heat, humidity will grip region through weekend
© 2019 Cox Media Group.