BOONE, N.C. - Boone residents are used to seeing a lot of snow, but this storm is much different. On average the town gets about 3 feet of snow in an entire year, but this weekend's storm is slated to bring a foot and a half in 48 hours.
>>Stay updated on the storm's latest track.
Watch the video above to hear how Boone residents and road crews are preparing for this weekend's powerful winter storm.
Winter Weather Resources:
- How and when to protect your pipes from freezing
- Winter weather watch, warning and advisory: What's the difference?
- 7 tips to keep your pets safe during winter weather
- More ideas to keep kids entertained during a storm
- Bread and milk: Why do we buy those foods before a storm?
- Snow day? 5 kid-friendly craft ideas to ward off cabin fever
- Here are 16 tips for keeping you, your pets and home safe in the cold
- Tips, warning signs for frostbite, hypothermia
- When temperatures drop, don't be thrifty with your heat
- Life hacks: How to remove snow when you don’t have shovels
- 7 winter driving tips
- 5 things you won’t want to leave in a freezing car
- Stay safe while driving on black ice
- What is the coldest temperature ever recorded in each state?
© 2018 Cox Media Group.