CATAWBA COUNTY, N.C. — An assistant principal at Bunker Hill High School was arrested for DWI after hitting two parked cars in the parking lot where the school’s graduation was being held, police said.
Jonathan Andrew Stiles was arrested at 4:10 p.m., according to an arrest report. The school’s graduation started at 4 p.m. at Catawba Valley Community College.
Police said they smelled alcohol on him and he failed a field sobriety test. According to court documents, Stiles blew a 0.16, which is double the legal limit.
"They want us to do good stuff and then they do this? It's not a good example," student Nick Watts said.
"It's not showing any kind of role model," mother Angel Dameron said. "It's horrible to hear something like that."
Channel 9 reporter Dave Faherty reached out to Stiles by phone, but he has not returned Dave's calls. Channel 9 also reached out to the school district but have not heard back.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police find 73-year-old man reported missing from retirement facility
- Concord mother attacked by shark: 'He had my whole arm in his mouth'
- VIDEO: Charlotte man records shark close to shore in Atlantic Beach
- No arrests after 17-year-old slain in Monroe's first homicide of 2017
- Coast Guard suspends search for swimmer off Emerald Isle
- WATCH: Christine Rapp's Monday forecast outlook
Cox Media Group