SHELBY, N.C. — A pawnshop owner in Shelby said burglars cut a hole in the roof to get into the store and steal guns.
Owner Tim Wright told police the suspects first tried to break into American Tactical on Saturday morning, but nothing was taken.
He said they tried again Sunday and got away with 10 guns. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms is now investigating the crime.
Press Play to watch surveillance video
“To come back the next night, how brave was that?” Wright said.
After cutting a hole in the roof, the burglars dropped a ladder down to the ground 12 feet below.
In less than four minutes, police rushed to the store but the thieves had already escaped.
Wright won't let the theft shut him down, but he'll now keep his guns out of sight and locked away at night.
“You’re not safe until there's no way they can get to them,” Wright said. “We'll buckle down. We'll do what we have to do to keep things going. It's a freedom. We still have the Second Amendment.”
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Judge allows suspected Charleston church shooter to represent himself
- Airlines investigating after service dog, family kicked off Charlotte flight
- Man accused of shooting, killing man in Charlotte club to face judge Monday
- Cyber Monday 2016: Best deals from Apple, Amazon, Best Buy, Microsoft and more
- Chattanooga school bus crash: 3 still in critical condition
Cox Media Group