CHARLOTTE, N.C. - The North Carolina Department of Transportation announced a busy ramp on Interstate 77 is slated to reopen after it was closed for months due to toll construction.
Officials closed the ramp from the outer loop of the Brookshire Freeway to Interstate 77 southbound in September.
Traffic Team 9's Mark Taylor learned the ramp is scheduled to reopen the week of Jan. 28, if weather permits.
Although the ramp reopening is a move in the right direction, with several road construction projects starting to intersect near uptown, drivers may not get much relief from traffic headaches.
Watch the video above as Traffic Team 9's Mark Taylor breaks down the reopening of the I-77 ramp and other road projects impacting the Queen City.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- SC man angry over wait for McDonald's fries throws hot coffee at worker
- Arson in Elizabeth community leads to SWAT team storming Pineville home
- 'God put me on that road for a reason': Nurse helps save trooper shot in face
- FORECAST: Brief warm-up won't last long ahead of another wet weekend
- Charlotte pastor fought off attacker who was fatally shot by police officer
© 2019 Cox Media Group.