CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A busy road in north Charlotte will be shut down for hours after police said a car crashed into a power pole early Thursday morning.
The wreck happened around 3:30 a.m. on Atando Avenue, between Graham and North Tryon streets, and was so violent that it split the power pole and knocked down the lines.
Duke Energy crews were called to the scene and have been working to fix the issue. No outages have been reported.
MEDIC said the driver involved was taken to the hospital but it was unclear how sever their injuries were.
Officers are still investigating the crash and told Channel 9 that the road could be closed until noon.
Follow Traffic team 9’s Mark Taylor on Twitter and check back with wsoctv.com for updates on this story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- West Sugar Creek Road closed for fatal crash
- Sheriff: Charges unlikely after 2-year-old killed by alligator
- Busy north Charlotte road blocked after car slams into power pole
- Obama, Biden making 'emotional trip' to Orlando to pay tribute to shooting victims
- Charleston church shooting defendant seeking local jury