CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Officials said two business outside of uptown Charlotte had to be evacuated Wednesday after a natural gas leak.
North Tryon Street was closed between 23rd and 24th streets just before 11 a.m. as construction crews ripped up the sidewalk to make repairs.
Officials said the buildings were evacuated as a precaution and no injuries have been reported.
Chopper 9 Skyzoom flew over the scene and could see officers directing traffic and Charlotte Fire crews working to control the leak.
Officials said drivers can expect significant delays and should avoid the area.
Check back for updates on this developing story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Statesville mother charged with murder weeks after infant son dies
- 1 dead, another injured after car slams into tree in west Charlotte
- Large water main break floods busy street outside South End
- FORECAST: Oppressive conditions see heat index values above 100 degrees
- Special CMS board meeting set on suspended superintendent's contract
© 2019 Cox Media Group.