MONROE, N.C. — Authorities had to close a busy highway in Union County early Friday morning after a serious crash blocked the roadway.
Officers responded to the crash just before 8 a.m. on Highway 200, near Monroe. Investigators told Channel 9 that a black Jeep struck a culvert and flipped.
Paramedics took the driver of the Jeep to the hospital, where they said she is recovering.
Troopers are still trying to determine what caused the crash. They had to close the highway at Griffith Road for nearly an hour but reopened it by 9 a.m.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- New NC bill would allow people to carry gun without permit, training
- Driver hospitalized after Jeep hits culvert, flips near Monroe
- Mallard Creek HS student found dead in east Charlotte backyard
- 9 INVESTIGATES: Health violations uncovered at Charlotte's best restaurants
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Armed man robs woman at Lincolnton ATM
Cox Media Group