CHARLOTTE, N.C. — The North Carolina Highway Patrol said a Carolina Panthers' running back was arrested Saturday night for reckless driving on Interstate 85.
Troopers said Cameron Artis-Payne was driving 102 mph in a 65 mph zone on I-85 near Exit 14 in Gaston County.
Artis-Payne was charged with reckless driving and taken to jail under a $5,000 unsecured bail.
He was released from custody after posting bail shortly afterward, troopers said.
The second-year player has a court appearance on July 15.
The Panthers have not yet released a statement about the incident.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- CMPD searching for driver after 6-year-old boy killed crossing street
- Cam Newton hops fence to play football with seventh-graders
- 22-year-old woman shot, killed in east Charlotte
- Carolina Panthers running back arrested for reckless driving
- Transgender woman posts selfie in NC restroom to challenge HB2
Cox Media Group