CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Carowinds has reopened just in time for the holidays.
The park’s Taste of the Season: An Outdoor Holiday Experience is open select nights through Dec. 20, and features dozens of sweet and savory tastings, festive themed areas and live shows.
In addition, more than 15 rides will be open, including Afterburn, Copperhead Strike, Do-Si-Do, Ricochet, Scrambler and Zephyr. Click here to see the full list.
Carowinds has also implemented new safety measures to keep staff and guests healthy.
“The safety of our guests and associates is always our top priority and our guests can be confident they can visit Carowinds and have fun safely,” said Pat Jones, vice president and general manager at Carowinds. “Our health and safety protocols align with CDC guidance and we incorporated information from company and industry health and safety experts, along with our state and local government officials. We couldn’t be more ready and excited to welcome guests back to the park for this wonderful holiday celebration.”
The park’s new safety protocols include:
- Reservations will be required to manage capacity and maintain social distance standards. Tickets will not be sold at the gate.
- You must complete a simple online pre-visit health screening declaration 24 hours prior to admission.
- A touchless temperature screening prior to entering the facility for both guests and associates.
- Face masks or coverings that cover the nose and mouth will be required for all guests, associates and vendors.
- Limited guest/associate contact.
- Enhanced cleaning procedures, including additional deep cleaning and sanitization of restrooms, dining facilities and other busy areas.
- Hand sanitation stations will be available throughout the park.
Read more about the park’s safety measures here.
Ticket prices start at $39.99. For more information or to purchase tickets click here.
Cox Media Group