CONOVER, N.C. — Law enforcement and school leaders from across Catawba County are prepared for the unthinkable.
The Catawba County Sheriff’s Office held an active shooter drill Thursday at Lyle Creek Elementary in Conover.
Dozens of law enforcement officers, along with principals and law enforcement cadets, participated in the training.
Organizers also had evaluators on hand to help the officers and school officials better prepare for active shooter situations.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Father of WNBA star dies in York County car crash
- Dozens indicted in fake moving company scam
- FORECAST: No break just yet from rain; flooding remains concern
- Christmas parade in Rowan County canceled due to threats
- Missing Boone man found dead in crashed car
Cox Media Group