WASHINGTON, D.C. - Federal health officials are urging everyone to get a flu shot as soon as soon as possible.
The Center for Disease Control and other infectious disease specialists are concerned that too few people are getting vaccinated.
This year, two new flu vaccines are available.
One protects against four strains of flu instead of just three.
The other contains a substance that boosts the vaccine's effectiveness.
They are not recommending the nasal spray.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Remains of Erica Parsons discovered five years after she disappeared
- #PrayersForJacob: Support pours in for 6-year-old SC school shooting victim
- 4 Lanesboro prison staff members stabbed by inmates, airlifted to hospital
- Black moon rises Friday, won’t happen again for years
- Hearing set for teen held in South Carolina shooting
© 2018 Cox Media Group.